Friday Night Finishing
What is Friday Night Finishing?
Technical Training will now be replaced by Friday Night Finishing for the remainder 5 sessions. Age groups & dates have been restructured to give players U9 - U14 more sessions to attend than previously planned. The main focus will be to improve player's shooting technique, decision making, create & finish goal scoring opportunities.
Trainings are run by Juan Ortiz. Through his knowledge and experience gained over his years at NWU, he provides sessions that will allow the players in our club extra training and motivation. All sessions will be held at Skagit Valley College.
Age groups will be as follows:
5:00 - 6:00 PM U9/U10/U11
6:00 - 7:00 PM U12/U13/U14
Format of each session will be as follows: Shooting Technique / Unopposed Finishing / Opposed Finishing & Small Sided Finishing Games. Goalkeepers attending GK training will be incorporated in order to give both players & GK's opposition and game-like situations.
Topics to be covered:
- Correct technique for striking the ball
- Learning new surfaces: Instep; Laces; Outside of foot; Toe; Heel
- Types of Finishes: Placement; Power; Curved Shot; Chipping; Half-Volley; Volley
- 1v1; 2v1; 2v2; 3v2; 3v3 in the final third
- Shooting from distance
- Crossing and finishing
- Receiving back to goal - turning & finishing
- Timing of runs in and around the box
Please see club calendar for dates - NWU Club Calendar
Contact Juan Ortiz for any additional questions at email@example.com